for traveling and seeing the world, for sports that challenge me physically and build confidence in me, for learning,observing and understanding ways of life,et cetera - just things that intrigue my senses, captivate my heart and mind, things that make me happy.
Friday, February 26, 2010
A Magical Kingdom: Bhutan
I guess this is where i'm headed to in September in addition to India and Nepal that I am planning for. Bhutan is too magical to resist, even after considering the hefty daily tariff of USD200 just to be there. By the way, the tariff is set by the government and there is no way you could organize your own travel and live by a backpacker's budget in Bhutan. You will need to engage a tour agent (there are more than 200 of them to choose from) that is approved by the government. You will arrange everything related to your travel in Bhutan with this approved tour agent who will process and arrange everything--from visa and flights to accommodations, meals, transportation and guide--for you. What is arranged for you is what is included in your daily tariff. No doubt, it's an expensive affair, but if Bhutan is where your heart wants to be, then at all costs, close your eyes and just go for it. And that's what I am determined to do.
Many believe Bhutan to be the Last Shangri-La. I think IT IS. And with all the research and communications ongoing with a Bhutanese tour representative--by the way i find him to be very pleasant, friendly, helpful, efficient and most of all professional!--I think i am all ready to proceed with the necessary procedures and documents needed for this embarkation of a lifetime. Wish me all the best. If everything goes well, I am due flying in to this magical Himalayan Kingdom on 1 September.
I love traveling. I love adventures. Backpacks are major turn-ons for me. So are trekking boots and flipflops.
I love music and want to learn the Cello.
I love going for jogs. Sweating makes me feel good and healthy.
I love sunsets. The colors arouse my soul and give me a sense of peace in my heart.
I love going into jungles. All the better if i come upon a waterfall.
I love the highlands. I'm a mountain person. Less an island or beach person. But i still love being under the rays for a gorgeous tan.
I love entering villages and getting on houses or huts made purely of bamboo. Even better if these villages are in the most remote area of the planet. I love shelters that are idyllic and rustic and cozy. And love kids with rosy cheeks.
One day, i'd like to at least make it to Everest Base Camp.
No comments:
Post a Comment