Friday, October 30, 2009

My heart for Chopin's Opus 66


Chopin's "Fantasie" Impromptu, Op. 66

11 years ago this lovely but fast and technical music piece was my ears' obssession, so much so i was determined to learn to play it on the piano. And so learn i did, only to find myself stuck with the technical part of the piece where notes demand amazing speed, tone control, emotions and lots of energy from the fingers instead of the wrist. I was not patient enough to spend hours and hours just to get everything as it should sound. And I am never a refined pianist up to this day because of the absence of that virtue in me.
But, I still love listening to this piece. And I still have not stopped imagining myself run the difficult notes on the piano with my tiny short fingers. I want to slowly sway my whole body and be engulfed with emotions as i play this piece. I want to look like i'm hypnotized as i play (haha). Perhaps, one day I'll relearn Chopin's Op. 66 and tick this effort off as a major accomplishment.
Here's how this piece sound like as played by the virtuous Yundi Li.

No comments:

Post a Comment